Wednesday 29 June 2016

Digging in the archives




Miss Smith  (History) was invited to the meeting




Sister Victoire entrusted me with items from her Hollies archives when we met in 2000 to discuss the possibility of writing a history of the school.
















Recently, I came across School Inspection Reports going back to the early 20th centuary.

















I also found the admission registers that Sister Victoire had saved when the school was closed. These date from 1942 to 1975, the others (1853 - 1942, and 1976 - 1984)  were lost.


2 comments:

  1. Miss Smith was my favourite teacher ever. She was strict, fair and fun and inspired in me a lifelong love of history. I would loved to have met up with her again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She inspired me too. I loved her tales of feeling she was under surveilance when visiting East Berlin in the 1950s.

      Delete